When we were kids and would get in trouble for not doing something we were supposed to do, Mom usually deftly deflected our excuses. I think one of her favorites was "But mom, I 'wuzgunna'. . . " I won't tell you how she responded once when Laura tried to use this excuse, but the point is: we learned quickly that 'wuzgonna' is not a valid explanation for a failure to do something.
So, having said that, let me now say - sorry I haven't been active here lately, I've been active other places. To make up for my absence in a lame, hasty manner, here is a list of the things I 'wuzgunna' blog:
1. All of our kids are doing just fine: happy, healthy, and wild. There're at least two funny stories a day I could blog about, but I'm too caught up experiencing them to document them, know what I mean?
2. I saved probably a thousand dollars hauling load after load of garbage from my barn to Ravenna's dumpsters they provided on 'community clean-up day'.
3. My Dad came into town unexpectedly, and we were able to spend a few pleasant evenings together. Perhaps next time he'll come when no-one is near death.
4. Our grass is coming in nicely, and the lilacs are exploding (see photo above, taken from the far edge of our property)
5. The cement contractor poured my driveway too short and overcharged me.
6. That's Hailie's sister Molly in the top picture, sleeping with Brooke. We had her one night and she was an absolute riot. Paul spent the night the same night, and I think she fell in love with him.
7. We released the lil' bunny into the wild, and Chantze saw him a couple days later with a bigger bunny.
That's all for now, but I'll surely keep you in the loop next time. After all, when have I ever promised you that and not delivered? Technically: never.